A Network of Innovative CollaborationThursday 29 November 2018
11:15 – 12:30
From multi-national corporations to international agencies, government organisations to global innovation networks universities collaborate across sectors, industries and the world. This session will showcase examples of innovative collaboration and explore how WTUN can harness its collective strength for innovation through global collaboration.
Speakers in this session include:
- Professor Richard Dashwood, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), Coventry University, UK: Faculty on the Factory Floor Unipart Manufacturing and Coventry University and the creation of the Institute for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering
- Professor Ajayan Vinu, Global Innovation Chair for Advanced Nanomaterials, University of Newcastle, Australia: Advanced Nanomaterials for Clean Energy and Environment
- Professor Ir, Dr. Zainuddin Abdul Manan, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic and International), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia: UTM’s collaborative research with Japan
- NELCAST, an industry perspective
- Professor Abdulla Al-Hawaj, Founding President/Managing Director, Ahlia University, Bahrain: The Premise of International Universities Presence in the Gulf: A Global Collaboration Success
- Professor Alok Dhawan, Director, CSIR-Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Building successful research institute-university collaborations
Professor Diana Anderson, Established Chair, University of Bradford will be the non-presenting Chair.