Dr Chitra Rajagopal
Dr(Ms) Chitra Rajagopal, Distinguished Scientist holds the position of Director General (RM & Impl.). Her research interests are : Environment, Explosives, Process, Chemical and Fire Safety; Eco friendly and Clean Energy Technologies, Sustainable Development; Qualitative Risk Assessment, Environment Impact Assessment, Disaster Management, Heat Transfer; Systems Analysis of Defence Systems. Some of her technical contributions are:
• Innovative design, development and evaluation of above ground and underground explosive store houses; packaging and coating technologies.
• Development of Green Technologies : Eco-friendly Treatment, Remediation & Disposal Technologies for Explosives and Hazardous Wastes; Eco-friendly Safe packaging for defense applications, Bio-fuel reformer for generation of Hydrogen.
• Integrated Software Package for Risk and Hazard analysis (RHA) and Disaster Management; Application of Risk Assessment Techniques to Defence Establishments for handling of Explosives and other Hazardous Materials;
• Design and Development of Heat Transfer Equipment and Combustors
• Development of Halon alternatives for Fire Fighting applications – water mist, aerosols, novel organic molecules. She is currently INAE-AICTE Distinguished Visiting Professor.
She is a recipient of several National and DRDO awards such as DRDO Scientist of the Year Award in the year 2010; Lifetime Achievement Award by Society for Reliability and Safety (SRESA) in 2019; Eminent Engineers Award by The Institution of Engineers (India) in 2019, among others. She has to her credit 55 International and 49 National publications with 4285 citations. She has authored three book chapters and published 125 technical reports. She holds twelve patents to her credit (04granted, 08 filed). 02 technologies have been transferred to Industry.. She has been associated with a number of international and national professional organisations including Leadership for Environment &Development Program (LEAD), UK; Carbon Society Delhi, Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers and High Energy Materials Society of India,