Parallel session 2: How did Technology Universities persevere with research and how did industry manage during COVID-19?Tuesday 13 October 2020
17:15 – 18:30
When: Tuesday 13 October 2020, 17:15 – 18:30
What: Round Table Discussion: Parallel Session
This session will hear from a range of international academic leaders on how research at Technology Universities has been impacted by the global pandemic, and how research has responded to and engaged with COVID-19. There will also be a focus on the role of Universities in the post Covid-19 recovery.
It is a sequence of short presentations from 3-4 speakers (5-10 minutes each) and will involve an open discussion with all delegates.
Chair: Hannah Ward, University of Bradford
- Professor Vishanth Weerakkody, Dean, Faculty of Management, Law and Social Sciences, University of Bradford
- Dr Gillian Murray, Deputy Principal (Enterprise and Business), Heriot-Watt University
- Professor Dinakaran Devaraj, Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science
- Professor, Dr. Dieter Bryniok, Vice President For Research and Transfer, Hamm-Lippstadt University of Applied Sciences
- Associate Professor Dr Norhayati Abdullah, Ph.D. Associate Director, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
Dean, Faculty of Management, Law and Social Sciences ,
University of Bradford
Vice President Research and Transfer,
Hamm-Lippstadt University of Applied Sciences