We’re delighted to share a roundup of the stories, updates and events happening at the World Technology Universities Network and at our member institutions.
- First look at our World Technology Universities Congress 2024, hosted by Univeristi Teknologi Malaysia from 10-12 September 2024. Read more here.
- 2022-23 WTUN Exchange Programme Speaker Webinar with Dr Ammar AlBalushi from Majan University College discussing his visit to Suranaree University of Technology to learn more about implementing entrepreneurship and innovation in curricula: Wednesday 24 January 2024, 12:00-13:00 GMT. Join us here.
Member Institution News:
Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, India
- HITS are accepting research papers for their IEEE International Conference on Advances in Data Engineering and Intelligent Computing Systems (ADICS 2024) which will be held on 28-29 March 2024. The deadline for paper submissions is 10 February 2024. Read more here.
Majan University College, Oman
- MUC launches a new programme DipHE/BSc (Hons) Business Analytics with Artificial Intelligence, joining the world of business data and AI innovation. Read more here.
- Continuing connections made during the WTUN 2022-23 Exchange Programme by Dr Ammar AlBalushi, MUC students participate in a Entrepreneurship Development Camp at Suranaree University of Technology. Read more here.
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
- A student start-up product launches! Students at UTM have created their own start-up technology company, Uninet Technology, and launched an innovative product called PrinTEX. The product is based on the Internet of Things which is connected with a mobile application for automatic and on-demand document printing services. Read more here.
- UTM signs partnership MoU with Forest Fine Foods to develop research and commercialisation agendas in line with UTM’s Research & Innovation Blueprint 2024 to support sustainable agriculture and economic growth in Malaysia. Read more here.
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
- UFRN offers the first doctorate (PhD programme) in the interior of the state of Rio Grande do Norte. The course is part of the Postgraduate Program in Physiotherapy and 20 vacancies are expected to open from the first half of 2024. Read more here.
Atlantic Technological University, Ireland
- ATU Researchers win funding of €210,000 (EUR) under EU GREEN to foster collaborative research to further the sustainable development of the regions. EU GREEN is a European university alliance for sustainability, responsible growth, inclusive education and environment. Read more here.
Technische Universität Ilmenau, Germany
- TU Ilmenau announces their Research Theme for 2024: Environment and Health. The theme focusses on the key livelihoods we rely on (pure air, clean drinking water and intact nature) for a healthy life which are threatened by the effects of climate change. Read more about the theme here and their current research projects on the Environment and Health here.
- A new project begins to build a 5G mobile network on campus to enable the university to conduct research and teaching in fields like autonomous driving, medical technology, and automated production. Read more here.
University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria, Austria
- A summary on Dr Mandy Keck’s visit to University of Newcastle, Australia through the WTUN 2022-23 Exchange Programme. Read more here.
University of Bradford, United Kingdom
- Two students celebrate their successes in the WTUN Hackathon 2023. Read more here.
- A Bradford PhD student makes a breakthrough with his development of a new treatment for breast cancer. The new treatment awaits clinical trials but aims to produce fewer side effects in patients. Read more here.
University of Newcastle, Australia
- UoN Researches receive a $2.3 million (AUD) grant to reduce methane emissions, a common emission in Australia’s coal and gas sectors. Read more here.
- Researchers at the Centre for Ironmaking Materials Research complete a development program designed to promote breaking down barriers that prevent women in the engineering and mining sectors from entering into leadership roles. Read more here.
To discuss joining the Network please contact the WTUN Development Manager