Technology Universities and Global ChallengesThursday 29 November 2018
09:45 – 11:00
In this session university leaders will give examples of impact achieved at their institution on major global challenges. It will also provide an opportunity to discuss the potential future impact of technology universities both individually and collectively.
Speakers and Session Titles:
- Professor Jaakko Puhakka, President, Tampere University of Technology: Tampere University addressing global challenges through multidisciplinary engagement
- Professor José Daniel Diniz Melo, Vice Reitor, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil: Inclusive education for persons with disabilities at the Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte
- Professor Shirley Congdon, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic), University of Bradford: Addressing global challenges through locally relevant research, teaching and innovation
- Professor Peter Scharff, Rektor, Technische Universitat Ilmenau: The projects of TU Ilmenau with Russia and Indonesia as examples of international cooperation
- Dr Robert Haché, York University: Addressing Global Challenges through Technological Partnerships
Professor Brian Cantor, Vice-Chancellor, University of Bradford will be a non presenting Chair in this session.