WTUN Member Hosted Session: Challenges of Gender Equality in Higher Education hosted by Hindustan Institute of Technology and ScienceWednesday 23 November 2022
16:30 – 17:30
Kantary Hotel Korat
Overview: Members were asked to submit a discussion topic they would like to see covered in the 2022 Congress. In this open call for proposals members can suggest and lead a session to focus on your theme of choice.
Theme: Challenges of Gender Equality in Higher Education, Hosted by Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science
- Dr C Kezi Selva Vijila, COE
- Dr A Sherine Joy, HOD, Languages
- Mrs T Chandra Banu, Assoc. Prof, School of Management
The three panelists will present their view on
- Obstacles , barriers and challenges which prevents diversity and prevents gender equality in higher education.
- The responsiveness of the world bodies in prescribing norms, action plan and sustainable development goals to eliminate the barriers and bridge the gap.
- The way forward – Gender Action Plan (GAP) of UNICEF and other Governments propositions to bring radical change in mindset, female health and hygiene and SDG 3 “By 2030, ensure equal access for all women and men to affordable and quality technical, vocational and tertiary education, including university.”
Professor and Head of Languages & Rankings,
Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science